Friday, September 18, 2009

Carol and her marine son, Nick

I worked with Carol for a few years at a law office. We became fast friends. I try to keep in touch as often as possible with the circle I was close with at my old work. Thankfully, though I don't see them as often as I would like, we remain in touch quite a bit.

Carol's son, Nick recently joined the marines and immediately pretty much headed to the middle east. Wow. She has been sending him care packages since he left, and she sent an email out to friends that could possibly help. I, then, sent THAT email out to everyone on my Facebook, and got a few great responses. I am just happy to be apart of that. Long ago, I was a Navy wife myself, and understand the struggle.

This morning, I get a text from Carol, to check out this site: http://www.markandmercedes.com/, a HUGE radio station in Vegas. Yup, Carol called in, and now ALL of the Las Vegas valley can help her son's troop. I am so happy for her, I could never imagine the kind of 'high' you would get from that. Of all the people in Vegas, and her story is making air. How very special!!!

1 comments:

Tessalulale said...

SUPER SWEET! How cool that she got radio participation! I bet they will be happy when they start getting packages! =D